Wednesday 2 November 2011

To Blog or not to Blog?

I’ve always thought about writing or keeping a blog... the adult version of a journal/diary you get at Christmas, write in all through January and then find down the back of a drawer somewhere in eight months time. So, what I’m trying to say is I was never sure whether I’d keep up with it, I know it doesn’t have to be written in regimental fashion but all you need is one thing to happen and it gets pushed to the bottom of a to-do list.

Think the other reason I was apprehensive about blogging is that I have this idea that blogs need to be current, provocative, taking on controversial issues and I’ve never been that kind of a person. I’ve always been cautious, I find out things through the grapevine and who wants to read thirty blogs on exactly the same topic. I realise everyone has their own views and opinions on a situation but there are those who are more articulate than me and can sum up my thoughts quicker and more succinctly then I can. It all boils down to a self confidence thing, something I’ve always suffered a lack off and do I feel that I can really make a difference?

If I could I would try and keep this blog strictly professional but I know that this is a pipe dream, the line between personal and professional has always been blurred for me. That’s not to say I’d blog about the latest argument with a boyfriend or confess any number of sins but I will warn you now... if you’re reading this you won’t just be reading about “Laura the Librarian”, the personality comes as part of the package and that includes mild insecurities as well.

So, if that’s ok with you I’m going to try and do this and we’ll see where we end up!

No comments:

Post a Comment